Tuesday, March 2, 2010

pete // solaris sketch

I haven't really made much progress with any art lately, and a lot of it has to do with the fact that I've had trouble visualizing some of my characters.

Well.

Not so much visualizing them as translating what I see into my head on paper or onto photoshop.

This is an older drawing I've been working on and off for a few months. 8| I keep making little adjustments here and there, adding the occasional details. It's such a big piece. It'll take me ages upon ages. I have a bunch of sketches in my sketchbook, but...that requires me uncovering my scanner.

Hur hur.

That's no easy task. It's covered in papers, textbooks, notebooks, and DVDs. But it's still there. Somewhere.

I rly need some art inspirations. 8|

ANYWAYS. Solaris in the sketch, a little older than I intended her to be. In the first book, she's 16 on the fringe of 17, & without the scar. Here, she's 19 on the verge of 20. I think. I can't remember what I was thinking when I started this, but she has the tree.

And the tree is in one of the later books.

This much I know for sure.

But yes.

Hopefully more recent sketches and such soon


- Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment