Friday, March 5, 2010

pete // iris sketch

So. I probably won't be updating every day or near daily, like I was hoping I would be able to. School is completely bogging me down, and a lot of my sketches are off-computer in sketchbooks or moleskines. And that requires scanning.

And my scanner is completely and totally hidden under about three feet of pages and papers and books.

But anyways.

Another older one that I haven't really done too much hardcore work on recently. I started this over the summer, and have worked on it on-and-off over the passed few months, little details here, things there. I hid a bunch of the layers before I made the cap for the blog, because the background is a mess 8| Like a serious mess.

But anyways. Iris. From one of the manuscripts I'm in the process of editing and polishing up and making pretty and fancy. It's set in the 1970s, for no other reason than the fact I'm a fan of the 70s, and wish I was born then. But alas, I wasn't. (And that isn't really the sole reason I set the story in that decade, rly, I just like saying it is.)

But yeah.

I really want to update with a whole bunch of sketches soon, and I will, just as soon as midterms are over and I can, y'know, breathe again. I'm air-drowning. In papers. And textbooks. BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE. And I know that, but, uh, I'm a fan of excuses. At least for me. I don't like it when other people make excuses. But I like to make excuses.

Yeah.

Anyways.

That is all. For now.

And if Soup doesn't update soon, I'm going to unleash my wrath on her.


- Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment