Wednesday, March 31, 2010

pete here // one lowly character sketch

So man.

I am seriously not having an easy time getting my drawing. Idk what's happened to me, but it's just not coming as fluidly as I want it to come. I've done a massive amount of sketches the passed week, but there's only one I'm going to post here right now that I feel even remotely confident about. And when I say "remotely confident" I mean I need to post something before Soup decides to hurt me.

I've actually done far more writing than drawing this week, so all my sketches are just quick character sketches for characters in my story. The one I've decided to post here, this evening, is my character Persephone - AKA: Percy - from the story I've been working on most recently, West Coast Rising.


I secretly love Persephone - she's one of my favorite characters in the series. Sadly, she doesn't have too much of a role in West Coast Rising - her role becomes more prominent in subsequent books. If I, know you, *finish* the subsequent books. Apparently, I have writing ADD. Or at least that's what Soup and Ick say. I don't know what they're talking about. *shifty eyes*

But yes. This is my...contribution to the blog for right now. I really want to post more, like a giant, massive DUMP of sketches, but at this point, I seriously just don't feel comfortable in the direction my style is going. 8| I just need more practice.

Practice, practice, practice.

...Practice.

..........Yeah. I'm starting to fall into a kind of style I'm comfortable with. I think. It needs a lot more refinement, but I think I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

We'll see.

BUT YES.

I updated. Only one sketch, I know, but better than nothing.


- Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment